Monday, December 29, 2008

a trip to the other coast (cont'd)

NUMBER 3 - La Playita


Another Santa Monica staple I have been visiting since the youngen days. My dad used to take me here for lunch when I would go with him to work and I have been a loyal follower since. The tacos are good but the seafood is better. Burritos, tacos, tostadas, and my favorite--seafood cocktails! (Specifically shrimp). If you fear eating seafood from a hole in the wall type place, La Playita, my friends, is not for you. But seriously, grow a pair and go check it out. It's delicious and how can so many people be wrong?!

On this visit, I got a medium shrimp cocktail ($6) which has large succulent shrimp, avocado, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro, all in a tomato juice sauce. Throw on some lime and hot sauce-MMMMM...it also comes with a side of tostadas.
Notice the classy clear plastic cup. Perhaps a green effort in steering away from the styrofoam?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoe! This is cool - I'm hungry!!!

    ...."grow a pair" .....??

    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete