visiting my family the other week, i failed to cook an actual meal but what did result might have been even better. the original plan was to make regular margaritas but as we started to notice an abundance of watermelon around the kitchen, an idea began to form:
- blend pieces of watermelon and watermelon juice (i like the mixture a little pulpier rather then blended completely smooth).
- add simple syrup (see below) and fresh lime juice to taste.
- add ice and tequila. stir.
- combine 2 parts sugar to 1 part water in small saucepan.
- bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture slightly thickens.