the recipe below is gluten-free but i used spelt flour when i baked them instead of the rice flour because it's what i had on hand.
gluten-free quinoa cupcakes
- 2 medium sized diced apples
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 large eggs
- 9 tablespoons butter (1 stick + 1 tblspn)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup rice flour (or any other flour)
- 1 tspn baking powder
- simmer the apple cubes with the water, sugar, cinnamon, and rum until the apple is cooked and almost all the liquid is evaporated.
- whisk the egg and sugar and add the melted butter. stir well.
- add the quinoa, mix well, and then add the flour and baking powder. stir well.
- mix in the apple mixture.
- bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the tops bounce back when you touch them.