it was a joint effort and i can't take credit for the whole idea but i do maintain that if it weren't for my awesomely stocked kitchen (aka endless supply of froyo and stone fruit), this meal never would have come to fruition.
summer WAFFLES! (adapted from mark bittman's everyday buttermilk waffles) makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups flour (spelt here)
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 2 tblspn sugar
- 3 tspns baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk (i used soy)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- if you're being proper, you might mix all of the dry ingredients together, than all of the wet separately, and combine the two. i tend to mix all of the dry and then just throw the rest right on top and whisk until everything is just combined.
- heat up your waffle maker, give it a little lubrication and let it rip.
- top your golden waffles with frozen yogurt, sliced peaches and just a bit of maple syrup.