i don't really think i need to say anything else besides this: pickle fritters. just go freaking make them now. they only lasted 5 minutes when i showed up with them at a bbq.
cornmeal pickle fritters
adapted from epicurious
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal (preferably stone-ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a bunch of chopped pickles (a bunch is the technical term)
- vegetable oil for frying
- whisk together the egg, milk, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pickles
- heat a generous amount of oil in a pan over medium high heat. when the oil is hot, drop batter (amount depends on how large you want your fritters) and fry on both sides until golden brown.