i had basil and peaches. i wanted lunch. although i had thoughts of a fresh tomato and basil salad, i wasn't quite prepared. instead i threw together a few things that i did have. the result was splendiferous, not too sweet but absolutely crisp and refreshing--perfect for a nice 90 degree day in my sweaty kitchen.
summer peach salad
- 1 small peach (on the crunchier side seemed to be good here)
- 1/2 tomato
- smal handful of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- splash of champagne vinegar (i think any vinegar would do)
- stir ingredients together. season with vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.